We would like to give you a brief view of the hospital and notify you about some of the regulations relating to referring and admission in order to save time and effort as well as utilizing the full benefit of the services.King Faisal Specialists Hospital and Research Centre was established in Riyadh in 1975 to offer high quality and specialized medical care equivalent to the best international health centres that is hard to match in local hospitals. In other words, the Hospital only treats chronic and referred cases from local medical authorities or approved central hospitals due to the lack of treatment or diagnosis possibilities at local hospitals.
In order to acquaint you with referring and admission procedures, we state the following information:
- The only cases that are admitted are those which have no treatment or diagnosis facilities at local hospitals.
- Referral or direct examinations are offered after a detailed medical report is provided from one of the central/approved hospitals to the patient acceptance.
- All reports are presented to the specialized medical departments and committees for recommendations relating to accepting the case and offering the necessary specialized care.
- The patient or his/her representative is given a consultation card for following up where the patient can find out the result of examination (acceptance or recommendation for continuing the treatment at the referral hospital or local hospitals) with respect to the treatment offered within one working day, and the result will be available to you whether in approval or apology.
The Royal Directives states that free specialized medical services are offered to KSA citizens who suffer from the following diseases and have no access to treatment in local or central hospitals, provided that the treatment be limited to the specialty the patient has initially been referred for or related directly to the relative disease:
- Cancer amenable to treatment.
- All types of Organ Transplantation