Care and Disability Workshop
- Identify children with medical complexity (CCC) by virtue of their complexity, fragility and high intensity intensity/ technological dependency
- To identify children with special health care needs and high related morbidity
- Identify and damage common medical problem in children with chronic medical condition: swallowing difficulty and recurrent aspiration pneumonias, sleep disorder and obstructive sleep apnea, tracheostomies and home ventilation, venous access, non-oral feeding and swallowing disorder, siallorhia, spasticity and dystonomia, wound care, behavior and developmental problems.
- Develop a discharge care plan for CCC during admissions that is sustainable in the home setting.
- Strategize to improve emergency department visit
- Transition to adult care
- To develop an appropriate health care transition plan
- Ways to develop structural educational program for future physicians to deal with chronically ill child.