Message from the Chief Operating Officer – Jeddah
Welcome to King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre - Jeddah, a tertiary care Hospital located in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Our hospital has been serving our community for many years and has grown to becoming one of the leading Healthcare Providers in the Middle East. This year continues to be a really exciting time for KFSH&RC-J, one of unprecedented growth and change as the construction of our new Mega Project continues.
The hospital serves thousands of people every year and strive to provide our patients with superior care and services that they deserve. I am very proud of the care we provide, and the high rating of patient satisfaction which we achieve. We cover a range of medical specialties to include oncology, transplant, pediatrics, ob-Gyn, neuro, cardiology, emergency surgeries and more. We also operate a pain clinic and provide radiology services. In 2015, KFSH&RC – Jeddah performed 187 renal transplants, the highest number recorded across the country.
Please don't hesitate to contact my office if there is anything we can assist you with. Tel: +96612 669-8000 Ext:-62993
or by e-mail ChiefOperatingOfficerJED@kfshrc.edu.sa.
Facts and NUMBERS
- King Faisal Specialist Hospital - Jeddah (KFSH-J), a 470-bed tertiary specialist hospital, is one of three campuses of the King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre (Gen.Org)
- This facility was originally built as a private hospital in the 1990s; however, it was purchased by the Saudi government, and began offering services in March 2000. Following this, a Royal Order was issued in 2008 directing that the Jeddah hospital to amalgamate with the King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center (Gen.Org.).
- This amalgamation of both hospitals in Riyadh and Jeddah was considered a progressive step towards offering an internationally ranked tertiary health care facility to patients.
- Following the amalgamation of both branches the operational budget was enhanced to allow KFSH&RC (Gen.Org) expand and increase multiple departments, including:
- Expansion of the radiology department (inclusion of ultra-sound, CT. scanning and ordinary x-ray imaging)
- Increase in the capacity of out-patient clinics and Intensive Care Unit
- Re-development of the cardiac surgeries by upgrading to digital technologies and advanced services
- Audio-visual satellite broadcasting of cardiac surgeries to auditorium for educational purposes.
- Launching of a new cardiac catheterization laboratory to support diagnostic & interventional cardiac surgeries & procedures.
- Expanding the renal transplantation program as per the annual constant increase of renal transplanted patients per year. This, also, applies to bone marrow transplantation cases.
- Expanding space allocation of EMS triaging area and establishing evening clinics assigned for patients on level 4 & 5, commencing from 5.00 pm to midnight.
- Launching a new staff health clinic in the family medicine department with 14,096 patients being consulted each year (staff members and their dependents).
- KFSH-J holds Joint Commission International Accreditation (JCI) status and Magnet status via the American ANCC.
- KFSH-J is located in downtown Jeddah, a city of approximately 4 million, situated along the Red Sea.
- KFSH&RC – Jeddah is undergoing a significant expansion, with the construction and commissioning of a new medical city located north of Jeddah.
- Phase one of the new hospital is expected to open in 2017; with over 1,000 beds including 152 ICU beds and 30 operating rooms