The Occupational Therapy Internship Program is designed for Occupational Therapist from Saudi Universities (College of Applied Medical Sciences, Department of Occupational Therapy). During internship period, the Occupational Therapy Internship Student (OT intern) will be assigned to two (2) specialty rotations: Inpatient and Outpatient. Three or six months training assignments might be offered as per the need and availability
- Evaluate and the need for occupational Therapy.
- Assess patient functionality and level of independence.
- Administer all assessment tools and post OP common protocols.
- Observe technical skills and advance practices within the department.
- Communicate effectively with other teams within the department or external departments.
- Educate and demonstrate OT exercises to patients, members of patient’s families and other medical personnel.
- Attend departmental scientific mini workshops
- Demonstrate a high level of infection control principles.
- Present with high level of professionalism, respect, and punctuality
Three (3) to Six (6) months
- Internship request letter from Intern’s sponsor
- Saudi national or born to Saudi mother only
- GPA 3.75 out of 5 or 3 out 4 or above
- Pass KFSH&RC English Placement Test (i.e. achieve level 6 and above)
- Specialty Exam
- Pass the interview
- Medical coverage as per hospital policy
- Certificate of completion
Things to know before applying:
- Submitting your application does not mean acceptance to the internship
- Applying to the internship must be at least (2) two months prior to the starting date
- Training seats are limited and based on availability
- Verifying the accuracy of documents and information submitted is your responsibility
- Please note that inaccurate information or missing documents will lead to your application being rejected
- For more details on how to apply please, Click here