The purpose of this internship-training program is to prepare, educate and train optometric physicians to practice at the highest level of proficiency, integrity, and professionalism; and to provide a multidisciplinary environment that encourages scholarly activity, service, and lifelong learning.
- Understand the measurement technique for an individual's eye-related refractive error to determine the proper prescription of eyeglasses for children and adults.
- Demonstrate knowledge of fitting, evaluating, prescribing, and distributing different types of contact lenses.
- Observe the psychological and social rehabilitation of the visually impaired people using visual aids.
- Apply optometry skills such as slit lamp examination and tonometry during diagnostic procedures.
- Four (4) months (For Female interns’)
- Six (6) months (For male interns’)
- Internship request letter from Intern’s sponsor
- Saudi national or borne from Saudi mother only
- GPA 3.75 out of 5 and above.
- Completed 10 Semester of Optometry Doctor Program.
- Pass the Interview.
- Others (Will accept 2nd Or 3rd Rotation Only).
- Medical coverage as per hospital policy
- Certificate of completion
Things to know before applying:
- Submitting your application does not mean acceptance to the internship
- Applying to the internship must be at least (2) two months prior to the starting date
- Training seats are limited and based on availability
- Verifying the accuracy of documents and information submitted is your responsibility
- Please note that inaccurate information or missing documents will lead to your application being rejected
- For more details on how to apply please, Click here