The Department of Neurosciences is renowned for providing tertiary care service for patients with a wide range of diseases and disorders affecting the central and peripheral nervous systems.Our team of doctors includes pediatric neurologists, neurosurgeons, psychiatrists, and psychologists. Our clinical services include Neurology, Psychiatry, Neurosurgery, Electroencephalography / Electromyography / Nerve conduction study, Botox procedures, Evoked potential studies, Intra-Operative Neuromonitoring and Epilepsy / long-term monitoring. Our subspecialty clinics comprise combined Multiple sclerosis clinic, Epilepsy clinic, Movement disorder clinic, Neuromuscular clinic, Stroke clinic, Muscle biopsy, and Cognitive behavioral therapy clinic.
In a collegial, critically constructive, encouraging environment, the Department of Neurosciences, through its members within the Sections of Adult Neurology, Pediatric Neurology, Neurosurgery, Psychiatry and Psychology, will:
- Provide exemplary level of tertiary medical care to patients with diseases of the nervous system.
- Assume a leadership role in developing sub-specialty & excellent training programs in clinical neuroscience
- Promote the education of young trainees and graduates and encourage lifelong learning.
- Establish innovative research programs in the basic and clinical neurosciences that furthers our understanding and treatment of diseases of the nervous system.
- Psychiatry and Psychology
- Clinical Neurophysiology Laboratory
- EEG/ EMG/Nerve Conduction Study
- Botox Procedures
- Evoked potential studies (VEP, SEP, MEP)
- Intra-operative Neuromonitoring (IOM)
- Epilepsy/Long Term Monitoring (LTM)
- Sub-specialty clinics:
- Combined Multiple Sclerosis Clinic
- Epilepsy Clinic
- Movement disorder Clinic
- Neuromuscular Clinic
- Stroke Clinic
- Muscle Biopsy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Clinic
- Adult Neurology Training Program
- Neurosurgery Training Program
- Psychiatry Training Program
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Diploma Program
- Pediatric Neurology Training Program