The Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology provides a wide range of comprehensive treatment options in the field of Obstetrics & Gynecology. That includes management for General Obstetrics & Gynecology and subspecialities (Maternal and Fetal Medicine (MFM), Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility (REI) and Assisted Reproductive Technique (ART), Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery and Gynecologic Oncology).
Our inpatient services and outpatient clinics are well-equipped with the state of the art facilities.
The department is approved for Residency Program from Saudi Health Commission since 2016.
Our aim in patient care is patient focus and patient centered care providing the highest level of specialized care in an integrated educational and research setting.
To provide the highest level of specialized healthcare for all patients using the services of the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology. We strive to be the leaders in Obstetric, Gynecologic and Reproductive Health for women of all ages in the local communities through excellence in clinical care, education, and research.
- Promote the highest standard of obstetric, gynecologic, and reproductive health through personalized clinical care based on the latest research and innovation.
- Create future leaders in obstetric, gynecologic, and reproductive health and enhance life-long learning for all health professionals in our community through thoughtful and innovative education.
- Conduct research that provides evidence to expand the boundaries of our knowledge, and to inform the practice and improve the quality of obstetric, gynecologic, and reproductive healthcare.
Our aim in patient care is patient focus and patient centered care providing the highest level of specialized care in an integrated educational and research setting.
The Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology composed of four (4) subspecialties:
- Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility (REI) and Assisted Reproductive Technique (ART)
- Maternal Fetal Medicine:
- Chronic pulmonary disease with decrease pulmonary function followed at KSFH&RC.
- Chronic liver disease currently treated by hepatology at KFSH&RC, excluding uncomplicated chronic hepatitis.
- Pregnancy with monochorionic (twins and triplets) multiple gestation.
- Previous two (2) or more preterm deliveries (less than 32 weeks) confirmed by medical report. These patients are accepted for evaluation and follow-up, and will be referred back to local hospital after 32 weeks if undelivered.
- High order cesarean sections with known surgical difficulty and currently pregnant.
- Diabetes Mellitus currently on insulin with other medical or obstetrical complications if accepted by Medical Department.
- Severe Cardiac Disease (Class II or IV) treated at KFSH&RC.
- Chronic Renal Disease under treatment at KFSH&RC.
- Previous history of chromosomal anomalies or genetic diseases, or parent carrier of this abnormality. These patients will be for evaluation only during the current pregnancy, and the decision will be made for possible referral to local hospital for delivery.
- Severe hematologic disorder treated at KFSH&RC.
- Rh is immunization.
- Recurrent miscarriage only if treated at KFSH&RC.
- Prior recurrent intrauterine fetal death (IUFD) or unexplained neonatal death (NND).
- HIV patient or partner treated at KFSH&RC.
- Severe or complicated medical disorders, e.g. SLE, multiple sclerosis, etc..., and only if accepted by a Medical Department.
- Serious fetal abnormality in current pregnancy. These patients are only for evaluation and might be referred back to local hospital for delivery.
- Placenta accrete/percreta
- Complicated DI/DI twin with morbidity
- Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery:
- Urogenital Prolapse
- Urinary Incontinence
- Complex Urogenital Fistula
- Rectovaginal Fistula’s
- Urodynamics Studies
- Pessary Fitting
- Advanced Laparoscopic Procedures (laparoscopic Myomectomy Sacrohysteropexy)
- Congenital Abnormalities
- Urethral Diverticulum
- Gynecologic Oncology:
- All gynecological cancers or suspected cancer patients, specifically ovarian, fallopian tube, uterine, cervical, vaginal, vulvar, and placental are to be admitted to the Gynecological Oncology Service for work-up, diagnosis, and management. These cases are treated in cooperation with the Radiotherapists and Medical Oncologists of the Department of Oncology.
2. All types of complicated gynecologic cancer operations are performed (radical hysterectomy for cervical carcinoma, radical vulvectomy and primary and secondary operations for ovarian malignancies).
- Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility (REI) and Assisted Reproductive Technique (ART):
- Outpatient Clinics
- Operating Room (OR)
- Recovery Room for Investigative and Treatment procedures
- Infertility, Andrology
- Endocrine investigation and treatment for male and female patients which includes investigation and possible treatment of genetic disorders
- Referrals are accepted from government institutions
- Referral from Family Medicine
- Conduct daily rounds.
- Conduct Orientation to patients.
- Review quality data, identify trends and initiate/ facilitate actions to address concerns.
- Coordinate with ART laboratory for any changes with IVF treatment plan.
- Assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of care of patient according to patient care needs.
- Pre and Post-Operative care
- Transvaginal Egg Collection/ Ovum Pick UP (TVEC/OPU)
- Embryo Transfer/ Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET)
- Ovarian Cyst Aspiration under Local Anesthesia or Sedation Analgesia
- Saline Infusion Sonogram
- Scrubbing and Circulating for (TVEC/ OPU/ET/FET)
- Pelvic Exam/Pap Smear
- Endometrial Biopsy / Endometrial Scratching
- HVS (High Vaginal Swab)
- Chlamydia Swab
- UCD Insertion / Removal
- Ultrasound (Baseline, Folliculometry, Pregnancy)
- Stimulation of follicle production with ultrasound and E2 monitoring
- Intrauterine Insemination procedure (IUI)
- Transvaginal Ovarian Fluid Aspiration for Ovarian Hyper stimulation (OHSS)
- Blastocyst Transfer (Ultrasound-Guided)
- Controlled Ovulation Induction
Achievements of the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI) Accreditation - May 2021
With the accreditation by Saudi Commission for Health Specialities, the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, KFSH&RC (Gen. Org.) – Jeddah, is recognized as a training center in Obstetrics & Gynecology Residency Training Program for six (6) years.
The Residency Training Program commenced on October 2016, which aimed to provide residents in training program structured evidence-based training and evaluation.
The ART Unit passed the recent CAP accreditation in November 2016.
- Performance Improvement Projects:
- Measuring the Endometrial thickness on the day of Embryo transfer procedure to improve pregnancy rate and patient satisfaction - January 2022
- Launching Ultrasound Clinic - December 2021
- Increase the turnaround time of cord clamping among OBGYN physicians –completed on the 4th Quarter of 2021.
- Improve patients experience results related to OB/GYN physicians – completed in the 4th Quarter of 2021.
- Reduce Re-admission of OBGYN Patients In Less Than 30 Days – completed in the 3rd Quarter of 2021.
- Improving Pregnancy Rate in In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Patients with Elevated Serum Progesterone level on the Day of Trigger – September 30, 2021
- Improving patient experience in IVF unit related to treatment – October 29, 2020
- Improve OB GYN Physicians compliance with Handover Process - September 30, 2020.
- Implementation of the COVID-19 Suspected and Positive Patients in Labour Floor Flowchart – 14 June 2020
- “Surgical patient’s Blood Management”, Won the 2nd place PI Project winner awarded during the Quality Day 2019
- Reduce Patients Fall - OB/GYN Nursing Unit Team (OB/Gyn Ward) in 2018
- Improve Hand Hygiene - OB/GYN Nursing Unit Team (OB/Gyn Ward) in 2018
- Completion of P.I. Project: To Improve Length of Hospital Stay of Uncomplicated Postnatal Vaginal Delivery Patients by Discharge within 48 Hours – January 30, 2018.
- Introduction of the name CRASH C/S to improve Maternal Fetal outcome with P.I. Project on the way to be conducted.
- Completion of Successful P.I Project entitled: “To improve the length of stay of uncomplicated vaginal delivery patients by discharge within 48 hours” in December 2017.
- Completion of P.I. Project in L&D entitled: “Improving identification process including tri band identifying band during hand over - completed in November 29, 2017.
- Completion of P.I. Project entitled: “To reduce the percentage of missed calls received from Infertility patients in ART Unit” in October 2017.
- Improving the success rate of Frozen Embryo Transfer Cycles in IVF - ART Unit P.I. Team received the 4th winner Award during the Quality Day 2017 (Time to boost Efficiency, October 4, 2017)
- Innovation, New Services, Awards and Recognition:
- First Honor Award, Masters in Executive Health Management from King Abdulaziz University Hospital (KAUH), June 18, 2022
- Award for the best research in the field of Infertility and Reproduction in the Middle East 2021, organized by the Middle East Fertility Society MEFS.
- Highest number of Robotic cases amongst all departments KFSH&RC Jeddah (a total of 42 cases in 2021 versus 23 cases in 2020)
- first Prize in the Jeddah 4th Innovation Award in improving the quality of life by doing the Vaginal Reconstructive Surgery (Neovagina).
- Successful Robotic Surgery Program with significant achievement in Gynecology Surgery - Twelve (12) successful cases with full robotic Gyn Team (physicians, nurses, assistants) in 2019.
- First Uterine Transposition (for fertility preservation) - For patient with rectal CA going for Radiation Therapy – from the Gynecologic Oncology Team – July 2, 2019
- Successful Implementation of the evidence based project “24 hours Newborn Rooming In”, A project of the Department of OB/Gyn and Department of Pediatrics in collaboration with Nursing Affairs (Nursery NNN Unit) in 2019.
- First case of Robotic Sentinel Lymph node sampling in endometrial cancer
- Implementation and Introduction of ROBOTIC Surgery in the department after forming full robotic Gyn Team (physicians, nurses, assistants). First Robotic case was done on December 12, 2018.
- Introduction of SACRAL NEUROMODULATOR interstim - For treatment of Refractory Overactive Bladder - October 9, 2018.
- World Breast Feeding Week (1st big event) in September 2018.
- ART Unit received 4th winner award to Improving the Success of Frozen Embryo Transfer Cycles in IVF, P.I. Team received during the Quality Day 2017 “Time to Boost Efficiency”.
- The Department was nominated to head the Maternity and Children’s Care, System of Care in KFSH&RC (Gen. Org.) –Jeddah for the overall Model of Care (MOH) under the direction of the Executive director, Medical and Clinical Affairs, December 2016.
- A plaque of appreciation as “Documentation Champion” during the last Quality Day November 2016 was awarded to our Maternal Fetal Medicine Service Team.
- A plaque of appreciation was awarded to one of the OB/Gyn Department staff for educating the student about “The Truth about Specialist 2” in Battergie Medical College (BMC) March 2016.
- Highest score in Patient Safety Culture Survey result presented in September 2015.
Research is the fundamental component of the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology. There were many publications published in prestigious journals worldwide and there are several research papers on the way to be conducted and published. Some research publications are as follows:
- Prophylactic tranexamic acid during myomectomy: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials Baradwan, S., Hafidh, B., Latifah, H. M., Gari, A., Sabban, H., Abduljabbar, H. H., Tawfiq, A., Hakeem, G. F., Alkaff, A., AlSghan, R., Alshahrani, M. S., Badghish, E., & Abu-Zaid, et al. Prophylactic tranexamic acid during myomectomy: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials [published online ahead of print, 2022 Jul 9]. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2022;276:82-91. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0301211522004171?via%3Dihub
- Prophylactic tranexamic acid to reduce blood loss and related morbidities during hysterectomy: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials Abu-Zaid A, Baradwan S, Badghish E, et al. Prophylactic tranexamic acid to reduce blood loss and related morbidities during hysterectomy: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials [published online ahead of print, 2022 Jul 28]. Obstet Gynecol Sci. https://ogscience.org/journal/view.php?doi=10.5468/ogs.2211
- Review article: Prophylactic tranexamic acid during myomectomy: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology journal homepage: www.journals.elsevier.com/european-journal-of-obstetrics-and-gynecology-andreproductive-biology. Accepted 5 July 2022. Volume 276, September 2022, Pages 82-91.
- Isosorbide mononitrate for cervical ripening during labour induction: A systematic review and meta-analysis of 23 randomized controlled trials Abu-Zaid, A., Alshahrani, M. S., Al-Matary, A., Khadawardi, K., Miski, N. T., Abuzaid, M., Alrasheed, M. A., Baradwan, A., Salem, A., Salem, R., Albadawi, M. I., Jamjoom, M. Z., Almubarki, A. A., Abdulmalik, N. A., Almugbel, M., Tulbah, M., Baradwan, S., & Alomar, O.. Isosorbide mononitrate for cervical ripening during labour induction: A systematic review and meta-analysis of 23 randomized controlled trials [published online ahead of print, 2022 Jul 3]. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0301211522004110?via%3Dihub
- Ondansetron versus metoclopramide for managing hyperemesis gravidarum: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials Albazee, E., Almahmoud, L., Al-Rshoud, F., Sallam, D., Albzea, W., Alenezi, R., Baradwan, S., & Abu-Zaid, A. Ondansetron versus metoclopramide for managing hyperemesis gravidarum: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Turk J Obstet Gynecol. 2022;19(2):162-169. https://www.tjoddergisi.org/archives/archive-detail/article-preview/ondansetron-versus-metoclopramide-for-managing-hyp/52233
- The effect of transdermal 17β-estradiol combined with norethisterone acetate treatment on the lipid profile in postmenopausal women: A meta-analysis and systematic review of randomized controlled trials Tao, W., Cai, X., Al Masri, M. K., Găman, M. A., Prabahar, K., Baradwan, S., & Mao, P. The effect of transdermal 17β-estradiol combined with norethisterone acetate treatment on the lipid profile in postmenopausal women: A meta-analysis and systematic review of randomized controlled trials. Steroids. 2022;185:109061. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0039128X2200099X?via%3Dihub
- A 27-Year-Old Woman Diagnosed with Tuberculous Spondylitis, or Pott Disease, During Pregnancy: A Case Report Alajaji NM, Sallout B, Baradwan S. A 27-Year-Old Woman Diagnosed with Tuberculous Spondylitis, or Pott Disease, During Pregnancy: A Case Report. Am J Case Rep. 2022;23:e936583. Published 2022 Jun 10. https://amjcaserep.com/abstract/full/idArt/936583
- The effect of 17β-estradiol plus norethisterone acetate treatment on the lipid profile in women: a dose-response meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials Abu-Zaid, A., Gaman, M. A., Jamilian, P., Ilesanmi-Oyelere, B. L., Jamilian, P., Baradwan, S., Bajaman, J. S., Alras, K. A., Kutbi, E., Al-Ghrairi, A., Sadulah, D., Albazee, E., Alomar, O., Al-Badawi, I. A., & Salem, H. The effect of 17β-estradiol plus norethisterone acetate treatment on the lipid profile in women: a dose-response meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Exp Gerontol. 2022;165:111855. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0531556522001632?via%3Dihub
- Short and long-term reproductive outcomes after hysteroscopic adhesiolysis for infertile women Baradwan S, Alharbi D, Bashir MS, Saleh A, Al-Jaroudi D. Short and long-term reproductive outcomes after hysteroscopic adhesiolysis for infertile women [published online ahead of print, 2022 May 26]. JBRA Assist Reprod. 2022;10.5935/1518-0557.20220016. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35616443/
- Titrated oral misoprostol versus static regimen of oral misoprostol for induction of labour: a systematic review and meta-analysis Baradwan S, Alshahrani MS, Khadawardi K, et al. Titrated oral misoprostol versus static regimen of oral misoprostol for induction of labour: a systematic review and meta-analysis [published online ahead of print, 2022 May 25]. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2022;1-9. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/01443615.2022.2054687?journalCode=ijog20
- Warm saline effectiveness for pain relief in office hysteroscopy: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials Baradwan S, Khalil M, Alshahrani MS, et al. Warm saline effectiveness for pain relief in office hysteroscopy: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2022;48(7):1523-1530. https://obgyn.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jog.15272
- Isosorbide Mononitrate Versus Dinoprostone for Cervical Ripening During Labor Induction: a Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials Abu-Zaid, A., Khadawardi, K., Al-Matary, A., Alshahrani, M. S., Miski, N. T., Abuzaid, M., Khalifa, M., Almugbel, M., Tulbah, M., & Baradwan, S. Isosorbide Mononitrate Versus Dinoprostone for Cervical Ripening During Labor Induction: a Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials [published online ahead of print, 2022 Apr 19]. Reprod Sci. 2022;10.1007/s43032-022-00909-y. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s43032-022-00909-y
- "PSYCHOSOCIAL IMPACTS OF MAYER–ROKITANSKY–KÜSTER– HAUSER SYNDROME (MÜLLERIAN AGENESIS)", Abdulrahim Gari, M.D.*1&2, International Journal of Medical Research and Pharmaceutical Sciences Volume 8 (Issue 3): March 2021, ISSN: 2394 - 9414 Impact Factor - 4.174 (Open Access Journal) RESEARCHERID, Thomson Rueters. ©International Journal of Medical Research and Pharmaceutical Sciences http://www.ijmprsjournal.com/.
- “Placental-site Trophoblastic Tumor 11 Years After Complete Molar Pregnancy ( A Case Report )”, Abdulrahim Gari, Multi-knowledge Electronic Comprehensive Journal for Education and Science Publications (MECSJ), issue 43, 2021 ISSN: 2616-9185, EOI: 10.12246/mecsj/01/43, www.mecsj.com/
- Original Article: “Acceptance of trial of labor after cesarean (Tolac) among Obstetricians in the Western Region of Saudi Arabia: A cross-sectional Study”, Khulood Hussein a,*, Abdulrahim Gari b,c, Rukayyah Kamal d, Hussam Alzahrani e, Nasir Alsubai f, Tayy AlJuhani g, HUsab Khatib h, Article in Press, Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences xxx (xxxx) xxx, contents list available at ScienceDirect, Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences, journal homepage: www.sciencedirect.com
- “Role of paracervical block in reducing postoperative pain after laparoscopic hysterectomy: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.”, Haitham Badran a, Ahmed Mohamed Abdelhakim b, ∗,Kareem Labib c, Mariam Salah Mohamed d, Doaa Helmy Yousef d, Hiba Maarouf e, Saeed Baradwan f, Sumayyah ALJuaid g, Ahmed Ghazi h, Mostafa Hassanein Bakr i, Ahmed M. Abbas j, Doaa M.Saleh d, Journal of Gynecology Obstetrics and Human Reproduction 50 (2021) 102156; 2021 May 10;102156. doi: 10.1016/j.jogoh.2021.102156
- Case Report: “Prenatal- onset INPPL1- related skeletal dysplasia in two unrelated families: Diagnosis and prediction of lethality”, Iman Sabri Abumansour1,2, Radiah Mahmoud Iskandarani3, Alaa Edrees1, Farrukh Javed4, Fadwah Taher5, Ghaidaa Farouk Hakeem3, Clincal Case Reports Open Access, Wiley, DOI: 10.1002/ccr3.4079, Accepted: 5 March 2021, https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1002/ccr3.4079
- “Ultrasound Guidance versus Classical Method for Intrauterine Insemination: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials”, Baradwan S, Alshahrani MS, Miski NT, Alkhamis WH, Alfaifi SS, Abdelhakim AM, Sunoqrot M, Ahmaro M, Abdelazem O, Mohammed AH, Abbas AM, Bakry MS., Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2021 Jun 28;263:223-230. doi: 10.1016/j.ejogrb.2021.06.039. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34242930.
- Healthcare needs of pregnant women during the COVID-19 pandemic, Salma A Mohammed and Ahmed A OsmanInternational Journal of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2020; 4(4): 27-29, http://www.gynaecologyjournal.com/, Int J Clin Obstet Gynaecol 2020;4(4):27-29. DOI: 10.33545/gynae.2020.v4.i4a.617 DOI: https://doi.org/10.33545/gynae.2020.v4.i4a.617,
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of the reported symptoms of COVID-19 in pregnancy, H.S.O. Abduljabbar1,∗, H. Abduljabar2, Clin. Exp. Obstet. Gynecol. - ISSN: 0390-6663, XLVII, n. 5, 2020, doi: 10.31083/j.ceog.2020.05.2223, ©2020 Abduljabbar and Abduljabar, Published by IMR Press, This is an open access article under the CC BY 4.0 license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
- Open Article: “Comparison of performance of medical students between two teaching modalities “Flip the classroom” and traditional lectures: A single center educational interventional study” How to cite this: , Fadwa Tahir1 , Bayan Hafiz2 , Taghreed Alnajjar3 , Bayan Almehmadi4 , Bayan Besharah5 , Abdulrahim Gari6 , Yasir Katib7 Tahir F, Hafiz B, Alnajjar T, Almehmadi B, Besharah B, Gari A, et al. Comparison of performance of medical students between two teaching modalities “Flip the classroom” and traditional lectures: A single center educational interventional study. Pak J Med Sci. 2020;36(5):958-964. doi: https://doi.org/10.12669/pjms.36.5.2730. Pak J Med Sci July - August 2020 Vol. 36 No. 5 www.pjms.org.pk.
- “Prevalence of Human Papillomavirus in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia”. Manar Mousa,A Sawsan S. Al-Amri,B Afnan A. Degnah,C,D Ahmed M. Tolah,D Hanin H. Abduljabbar,E Ayman M. Oraif,F Hassan S. Abduljabbar,F Ahmed A. Mirza,C Esam I. Azhar,C,D Anwar M. Hashema,B (2019). Published December 5, 2019. Annals Saudi Medicine, Saudi Arabia. This is an open access article under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivatives 4.0 International License (details can be accessed at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd-4.0/)
- “Practical Guidance on Managing Iron Deficiency in Women of Childbearing Age – A Saudi Arabian Expert Consensus”, Hisham Ahmed Arab1*, Abdulrahim Gari2, Abdulkareem Almomen3, Faisal A Kashgari4, Mamoun M Elawad5, Maysoon Bin Obaid6, Muna A Al Ghamdi7, Nabeel Salem Bondagji4, Wesam Kurdi8 and Yasir Katib9 Published June 21, 2019 at the ECRONICON Open Access, EC Gynaecology Review Article (EC Gynaecology 8.7 (2019):554-574).
- Mclndoe Neovagina in patients with Mullerian Agenesis: A single center experience, Abdulrahim Gari, Clinical Case Series, 236 Pak J Med Sci 2017 Vol. 33 No. 1 www.pjms.com.pk
- Prevalence of Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia (CIN) among women with ASC-US Cytology in Saudi Population, Abdulrahim Gari, and Nouf Ali Behzad, Merit Research Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences (ISSN: 2354-323X) Vol. 5 (6) pp. 304-308, June 2017
- Awareness of epidural analgesia among pregnant women in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, Abdulrahim Gari, Ala Aziz, Nourah ALSaleh, Yosra Hamour, Hanaa Abdelal, Raed Sayed Ahmed, Electronic Physician (ISSN: 2008-5842) , May 2017, Volume: 9, Issue: 5, Pages: 4274-4280
- Clinical Practice Guidelines on the screening and treatment of precancerous lesions for cervical cancer prevention in Saudi Arabia. H. Latifah, Annals of Saudi medicine 2016 36(5): 313-320.
- Delivery Planning for Pregnancies with Gastroschisis: findings from a prospective national registry, A Al-Kaff, S. C. MacDonald, N. Kent, J. Burrows, E. D. Skarsgard, J. A. Hutcheon, Am J Obstet Gynecol 2015;213:557.
- Gestational Weight Gain and Medical Outcomes of Pregnancy. Obstetric Medicine: The Medicine of Pregnancy, Afaf Tawfiq, Zachary M Ferraro, Fernanda Contador, Kristi B Adamo, and Laura Gaudet, September 2015; vol. 8, 3: pp. 133-137., first published on June 24, 2015.
- Cesarean Section on demand: Is it a choice among women in Saudi Arabia, A. Gari, A. Al-Esemi, A. Al-Gailani, D. Al-Shafi, H. Al-Malki, M. Al-Saadi, J Med J 2015; 49 (3): 175-182.
- Neovagina Using Omental Flap in Patient with Mullerian Aplasia. Abdulrahim Gari; Bandr Hafidh; Adnan Gelidan; Salah Kary and Hussein T. Sabban. J Am Sci 2012;8(6):204-207]. (ISSN: 1545-1003). http://www.jofamericanscience.org. 25 doi:10.7537/marsjas080612.25
- De novo stress urinary incontinence after vaginal repair for pelvic organ prolapse: one-year follow-up. Bandr A. Hafidh, Queena Chou, Mohamed M. Khalil and Hazem Al-Mandeel. European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, 2013-06-01, Volume 168, Issue 2, Pages 227-230, Copyright © 2013 Elsevier Ireland Ltd.
- Pre-surgical Management of Dysmenorrhea and Endometriosis in a patient with Mayer-Rokitansky-Kuster-Hauser Syndrome, H. Abduljabar, M.D., M. Morris, M.D., Fertility and Sterility_Vol. 96, No. 2, August 2011
- Innovative Procedures:
- Successful performance of intrauterine blood transfusion by Maternal Fetal Medicine Team.
- Successful performance of sacral-neuromodulation by Urogyne Team.
- The members of OB/Gyn Department are dedicated to provide the structure evidence-based teaching to interns, residents, fellows and nurses, addressing the educational needs for the advancement and growth for their medical careers.
- Protected teaching time on every Thursday for Resident’s clinical presentation and group discussion.
- Daily morning rounds with discussion and management of problem based cases.
- Daily morning meetings.