With its eight subspecialty sections (Allergy/Immunology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Infectious Diseases, Internal Medicine, Nephrology, Pulmonary Medicine, and Rheumatology), and two outstanding training programs (Residency and Fellowship), the Department of Medicine provides primary medical care services to in- and out-patients and considered as one of the largest departments in the hospital. It constantly strives to update its technology and medical care through research and development. It has also a special program, the Vascular Access Program.
The Department of Medicine continue to provide state-of-the-art medical care through high quality, patient-centered care, innovative research, training and education.
Scope of Services:
- The Department of Medicine is involved in tertiary patient care in all subspecialties of Medicine, such as Allergy/Immunology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Infectious Diseases, Internal Medicine, Nephrology, Pulmonary Medicine, Rheumatology, Geriatrics, Women’s Health and Thromboembolic.
- Serves other KFSH&RC centers and departments by providing full consultation services, both as inpatient and outpatient bases.
- Provides health outreach services and virtual clinics to other institution in the Kingdom.
- Provides education and training to its staff, postgraduate and undergraduate.
- Organizes awareness days and workshops for patient and community educations.
- Organize symposiums and conferences
- Conducts research activities in all medical fields.
Many procedures are done including:
- Vascular Access for Dialysis
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic Endoscopic procedure