The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine offers a comprehensive range of efficient and cost-effective clinical and laboratory services 24/7. In 2021, we perform more than 24 million standard billable tests. From staffing point of view, DPLM is second large department after nursing department with more than 400 employees, including pathologists, clinical scientists, technical staff, and administrative support personnel from different countries across the world. We provide training and education to residents, fellows, medical technologists, physicians, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team for their personal and professional growth.
Our Labs are accredited by the following local and international agencies:
The Department is constantly striving to provide the highest quality of laboratory service through an efficient and cost-effective management of resources.
The laboratory is functionally organized under 10 sections:
- Specimen processing.
- Clinical Biochemistry: including Special Chemistry, urinalysis and Therapeutic drug monitoring.
- Hematology: including Hemostasis/Coagulation (routine and special), Special hematology and manual differential by using digital imaging systems.
- Immunopathology: including immunology, HLA, HLA-DNA and cellular immunology.
- Toxicology/bioanalysis: including food toxicology, water analysis and substance analysis.
- Department of Emergency Medicine (DEM) satellite lab including: Clinical Biochemistry, Hematology, Coagulation, and Specimen collect.
- King Abdullah Cancer Center and Liver Disease satellite lab including: Clinical Biochemistry, Hematology, Coagulation and Specimen collection.