To plan, coordinate and monitor the provision of quality medical care services by dedicating all our resources and capabilities to provide the best patient experience.
- To deliver world class, safe, high quality medical, nursing, clinical and administrative services in a timely, professional, culturally sensitive and secure ambulatory environment that meets or exceeds our patients’, visitors’ and employees’ expectations.
- To expand patient access to all who need our services by maximizing and enhancing clinic capacity.
- To streamline patient flow, improve speed of delivery, increase patient satisfaction and improve efficiency and productivity of staff.
- To set-up an auditing mechanism to closely monitor department processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement and enforce outpatient policies which includes the following:
- Clinic Closure and Coverage During Health Care Provider Leave.
- Directive on physician leaves.
- Clinic Start and End Time.
- Monitor, evaluate and approve all requests for clinic closure of health care providers to effectively manage the health care providers leave requirements relative to maximum availability of, and accessibility to, clinic services provided by the hospital to its patients.
- Monitor, evaluate and approve clinic change requests used by all clinics/services occupying outpatient space and rendering services for ambulatory care patients requiring slot time and sessions in the ICIS system to oversee optimum utilization of the hospital resources and ensure patients’ demand of availability of services are met.
- Approve the rescheduling of patients ensuring provision of medical services, patients are not medically compromised, and not inconvenienced. Encourage health care providers to provide coverage as much as possible.
- Measure the overall effectiveness of services in relation to the objectives for outpatient services and manage outpatient activities to maintain the smooth flow of operations:
- Consolidate services.
- Streamline patient flow.
- Monitor the outpatient clinics’ appointment subsystem in scheduling patients.
- Oversee environment of care, identify and solve problems with respect to quality and appropriateness of care, including direct coordination of issues related to appearance, safety and cleanliness.
- Establish report mechanisms to improve Ambulatory Care Services business processes, patient satisfaction, efficiency and productivity of staff.
- Help in the development, enhancement and validation of HITA applications that are required for patients’ assistance.
- Process the closure of clinics during physician leaves, open new clinics as requested by the Medical and Clinical departments.
- Design, build, upgrade and maintain the Scheduling and Person Management modules, which are the two (2) largest modules in the ICIS.
- Cover all reception areas located in the Outpatient Lobby, North Tower Lobby, KACOLD entrance, Inpatient entrance, Heart Centre entrance, East Wing entrance and KFNCC entrance. These areas are staffed beyond the official working hours and on the weekend, in order to provide extended services to our patients and their visitors.
- Generate and disseminate accurate reports on a quarterly basis to all concerned medical departments and nursing units to monitor progress and ensure compliance to Hospital policy.
- Process all outpatient appointment requests such as confirmation, rescheduling, cancelling and checking-in patients when they arrive for their appointments.
- Provide statement of visits and patient visit reports to patients when requested.
- The Head, Ambulatory Care Services reports directly to the Director, Patient Flow & Capacity Command Centre - Riyadh, KFSH&RC (Gen. Org.) – Healthcare Delivery (HD).