King Faisal specialist Hospital & Research Centre provides high quality and specialized medical care equivalent to the best international health centers that is hard to match in local hospitals. In other words, the Hospital only treats chronic and referred cases from local medical authorities or approved central hospitals due to the lack of treatment or diagnosis possibilities at local hospitals.
In order to acquaint you with referring and admission procedures, we state the following information:
- The only cases that are admitted are those which have no treatment or diagnosis facilities at local hospitals
- Referral or direct examinations are offered after a detailed medical report is provided from one of the central/approved hospitals to the patient acceptance.
- All reports are presented to the specialized medical departments and committees for recommendations relating to accepting the case and offering the necessary specialized care.
- The patient or his/her representative is given a consultation card for following up where the patient can find out the result of examination (acceptance or recommendation for continuing the treatment at the referral hospital or local hospitals) with respect to the treatment offered within one working day, and the result will be available to you whether in approval or apology
The Higher Directives states that free specialized medical services are offered to KSA citizens who suffer from the following diseases and have no access to treatment in local or central hospitals, provided that the treatment should be limited to the spatiality the patient has initially been referred for or related directly to the relative disease:
- Cancer amenable to treatment.
- All types of Organ Transplantation
- Genetics and Inherited Disease
- Complex Disease
Patients who suffer from other diseases may bear the costs of treatments at the hospital or present documents from other authorities to bear the costs of treatments such as:
- Treatment orders which are renewed by the patient every 3 or 6 months
- Decisions by medical authorities issued by the Ministry of Health Medical offices
- Official referrals from the patient’s employer if there is a treatment agreement with the hospital
- Cooperative health insurance by an approved company by the hospital
Requirement to Avail Medical Eligibility:
- Medical Report and Referral Form from referring institution.
- Copy of Saudi ID or Iqama.
- Complete Patient Information and Consent for General Treatment Form.
- For Non-Saudi patients, they need to obtain a Royal Order.
- Infertility form if applicable.
To track the case please follow this link: https://kfshrcapps.kfshrc.edu.sa/ReferralSystemWEB/track (Case number & National ID or Phone number needed)