The Department of Anesthesiology works in collaboration with other departments to provide quality care to all patients in the hospital. The services include cardiac anesthesia, obstetric anesthesia, pediatric anesthesia, general anesthesia, and pain management. We have a Pre-Anesthesia Clinic, where we examine the preoperative physical status of the patient. We also have pain clinics to provide immediate aid to patients. Ouranesthetists are available 24*7 to help manage patients' pain.
The Department of Anesthesiology- Jeddah provides quality care to all patients who require their professional services in various areas of the Hospital, which include:
- Main Operating Room
- Outside Main Operating Room
- Pre-Anesthesia Clinic
- Pain Clinic
- Surgical ICU
- 24 Hours In-house On-call
Scope of Services:
- 1.Cardiac Anesthesia provides Anesthesia for cardiac (both adult and pediatric) patients, major vascular and thoracic patients and transplant patients.
- 2.Obstetric Anesthesia provides Anesthesia for high-risk obstetric cases.
- 3.Pediatric Anesthesia provides Anesthesia for high-risk pediatric patients (not including cardiac patients).
- 4.General Anesthesia and Pain Management provides Anesthesia for neurology, orthopedic, plastics, and general patients.
- Renal transplant: KFSH-Jeddah is the leading hospital in Middle East for Renal transplant surgery.
- Robotic Surgery: we provide anesthesia service for different types of robotic surgeries, like, cardiac, urologic and gynecological surgeries.
- Liver transplant: we provide anesthesia service for Liver transplant program.
- SICU: we provide intensive care service for post-operative critical patients
- Effect of ketamine on pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokine response in pediatric cardiac surgery. Indian J Anaesthesia 2017;61:549-55
- Intraoperative ventilatory strategies for prevention of pulmonary atelectasis in obese patients undergoing laparoscopic bariatric surgery. Anesthesia & Analgesia 2009;109:1511-16
- Anesthesia residency program
- Fellowship programs for pediatric, cardiac and pain.
- Sedation for non-anesthesiologists
- Basic peri-operative TEE coarse