Responsible and accountable for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of specialized care to a specific patient population in collaboration with more senior clinical specialists and medical staff.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Obtains clinical histories, conducts physical examinations, and obtains tests related to area of specialization. Develops, implements, and evaluates patient’s plan of care.
2. Counsels and advises patients on issues related to specialist area. Evaluates effectiveness of interaction.
3. Participates in holding nurse led outpatient clinics.
4. Provides patient education, involves in health promotion programs, and develops patient education material.
5. Perform clinical responsibilities within related specialty such as (Nursing, Laboratory, Respiratory, Pharmacy, etc.) as assigned.
6. Documents all relevant information correctly, appropriately, and in a timely manner.
7. Reviews evidence based medicine protocols to guide treatment choice and standards of patient care. Assists in promoting and sharing knowledge via mentorship in line with relevant research and evidence based practice in collaboration with Nursing Development and Saudization. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions.
8. Demonstrates collaborative multi-disciplinary partnerships working towards the achievements of constant improvement in quality patient care. Acts as an advocate for patients and families. Collaborates withphysicians regarding diagnostics and treatment options.
9. Contributes to the achievement of clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction. Participates in Performance Improvement activities as assigned. Collects data as appropriate and provides feedback to relevant parties. Contributes to the research activities in area of specialty. Contributes to special projects/assignments linked to nursing strategic priorities and professional practice model.
10. Participates in the promotion and maintenance of effective communication and teamwork. Treats colleagues, patients, and visitors with dignity and respect at all times.
11. Promotes a safe environment and safe patient care by embracing a safety culture and identifying areas of risk to supervisor. Complies with policies for personal and patient safety and for the prevention of healthcare associated infections.
12. Participates in staff orientation aimed at developing competence and performance. Assists in maintaining a suitable learning environment and acts as a preceptor/mentor in the supervision and teaching of nursing students and new staff to develop their competence.
13. Reports equipment failures, safety and security issues, and/or reduction of supply inventory to supervisor.
14. Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
15. Participates in self and other’s education, training and development, as applicable.
Bachelor’s, or Associate Degree/Diploma in Nursing is required.
Four (4) years nursing experience with Bachelor’s ,or six (6) years with Associate Degree/Diploma is required.
Current Registered Nurse licensure from country of origin is required.