مدير قسم, الرعايه الصيدلانيه
الإثنين, 07 يونيو 2021, 26 شوال 1442
الخميس, 21 أكتوبر 2021, 15 ربيع الأول 1443
PHARMACEUTICAL CARE (Sec)-M
Manages the assigned areas within the department in Pharmaceutical Care. Utilizes performance improvement program and JCIA standards in planning, monitoring, and evaluating pharmacy services. Accountable for staff, services provided, and level of performance within assigned areas.
1. Maintains active clinical practice/clinical coverage in assigned area of specialty.
2. Participates in departmental, hospital, or multi-disciplinary committees.
3. Constantly reviews JCIA standards and updates, and ensure that policies and procedures are updated and implemented to reflect new requirements.
4. Develops strategic and operational plan for assigned area.
5. Constantly reviews/assesses workload and operation requirements for optimal productivity. Identifies opportunity(s) for Performance Improvement (PI).
6. Maintains strict control over distribution and usage of government controlled products such as narcotics and barbiturates.
7. Works closely with Quality Improvement personnel in an effort to improve the quality of service provided by the department.
8. Coordinates pharmacy activities with medical and nursing staff to facilitate a smooth continuity of care. Ensure that medical and nursing staff are aware of assistance that can be given by the Pharmacy.
9. Participates in automation projects (e.g. Pyxis) and coordinate/monitor transition.
10. Monitors the performance and guide the professional staff in assigned area. Direct daily staff activities. Plan for efficient operations.
11. Ensures that staff assignment and schedule meet acceptable level and needs.
12. Ensures staff orientation and training. Observe and monitor staff performance and ensures that established standards are met. Conduct performance appraisals in accordance with hospital standards.
13. Prepares and manages the pharmacy budget in the assigned section in collaboration with the Head of the assigned section.
14. Reviews policies and procedures and recommends revisions as required. Ensure that policies and procedures are observed, and that work meets all prescribed safety procedures and acceptable professional standards.
15. Discuss PI plans and projects with the Head of the assigned section.
16. Conducts and records staff meetings on a regular basis.
17. Prepares required reports in a timely manner.
18. Participates in self and others' professional development.
19. Follows all hospital related policies and procedures.
Master's Degree in pharmacy, Pharm.D. Degree from a North American accredited program (ACPE or equivalent). Pharm.D Degree (non-North American approved program) from and accredited college of Pharmacy or Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy is required.
Eight (8) years of related hospital pharmacy experience in a tertiary care setting including three (3) years of experience in a Senior, supervisory, or managerial capacity in a large complex hospital, health care institution, or related health care organization with Pharm.D. from a North American accredited program/ Master's Degree or ten (10) years of similar requirements with Pharm.D. (non-North American approved program) Bachelor's Degree required.