الإثنين, 07 يونيو 2021, 26 شوال 1442
الخميس, 21 أكتوبر 2021, 15 ربيع الأول 1443
PHARMACEUTICAL CARE (Sec)-M
Serves as a pharmaceutical caregiver by efficiently designing, recommending, activating, monitoring, and evaluating patient-specific pharmacotherapy to ensure optimal outcomes. Ensures implementation of the pharmaceutical care plan by assuring the accurate and timely distribution of medications to patients. Serves as a clinical resource for other pharmacy personnel, medical and nursing staff, as well as other healthcare professionals. The assigned team/ medical service may be involved with the annual evaluation of the clinical pharmacist.
1. Actively participate in patient care rounds with other members of the healthcare team.
2. Assists medical staff with the selection of drug therapy and patient monitoring.
3.Reviews and interprets medication orders for clarity, accuracy, rationality, compatibility, feasibility, and suitability for the patient's specific needs.
4. Assumes responsibility for patient-specific pharmacotherapy plan to ensure optimal outcomes.
5. Enters and processes medication orders whenever scheduled to do so by the Head of assigned section or whenever the need arises.
6. Determines workload priorities, verify medication orders, check the final product for accuracy, and assures timely delivery of the medications to the patient care area.
7. Acts as drug information and education resource for patients, students, colleagues, medical and nursing staff, and other healthcare professionals.
8. Conducts daily systematic medication reviews for patients in other floors other than the floor covered by the clinical pharmacist, whenever assigned.
9. Documents therapeutic recommendations in the patient's medical record and pharmacy intervention forms.
10. Detects, analyses, and reports adverse drug reactions.
11. Assures adherence to the departmental policies and procedures and provides monthly reports on clinical activities and other relevant workload statistics.
12. Provides patient medication education as primary responsibility as assigned.
13. Participates in the departmental performance improvement, educational, and other clinical activities.
14. Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
15. Participates in self and others' education, training and development, as applicable.
Doctor degree, Master’s degree, Pharm.D; of Clinical Pharmacy from an accredited college of pharmacy is required.
Four (4) years of hospital Pharmacy experience in clinical capacity with Master’s degree /Pharm D; or two (2) years similar requirements with Master’s Degree /Pharm D. after completion of residency Program is required.
Obtains continuing education credits focused on area of specialty.