مسؤول سلامة الأدوية
الإثنين, 07 يونيو 2021, 26 شوال 1442
الخميس, 21 أكتوبر 2021, 15 ربيع الأول 1443
PHARMACEUTICAL CARE (Sec)-M
Develops plans, organizes and coordinates the Hospital’s overall medication safety programs. Provides leadership for medication safety assessments, coordinates the medication safety activities, educates others on the system-based cause for medical error, consults with concerned areas and communicates literature-based programs that ensure medication safety strategies within KFSH&RC-Riyadh.
1. Identifies and implements best practices for medications safety that will support the reduction of medication errors and other factors that contribute to unintended adverse medication outcomes.
2. Analyses the Hospital’s current medication safety practices that contributes to medication errors and take proactive steps for preventions.
3. Oversees the management and use of medication error information. Reviews internal error reports and utilizes information from external reporting programs (e.g. ISMP Medication Safety Alert and ECRI Health Device Alerts).
4. Manages medication-error reporting, review, investigation to determine root cause, and data entry into database. Analyses data and determines trends for process improvement, develops the required measures to eliminate the likelihood of occurrence or recurrence of errors.
5. Provides reports to the Administration of Medical & Clinical Affairs (MCA), clinical staff, and patient care areas and to Hospital Committees.
6. Participates in the design and development of competency assessments for evaluating the knowledge and ability of pertinent healthcare providers to perform tasks related to medication safety.
7.Standardizes related definition, classification, and reporting of medication error in the KFSH&RC-Riyadh. Leads the development and review of all medication-use, medication safety and medication-error reporting policies and procedures.
8. Educates pharmacy staff and other clinicians to promote safe medication practices. Develops and implements the most up-to-date educational programs to improve patient and medication safety and regulatory compliance.
9. Designs and implements educational presentations that facilitate the understanding and implementations of the medication safety standards within the Hospital including dangerous abbreviations and illegible orders.
10. Serves as resource member for Medical & Clinical Affairs on issues related to medication safety. Participates in departmental, multidisciplinary, hospital, health system and regional committees related to emergency medications, adverse drug events, medication errors, policy review and development, safe medication use, and patient safety.
11. Supports and encourages error reporting throughout the Hospital through a culture error reporting system and the development of a recognition program aimed at improving medication safety.
12. Develops and implements medication controls and safety standards in the Pharmacy and in all Hospital patient care and routinely monitors compliance and conducts a hospital-wide assessment of the patient safety to create a baseline measure of the safety culture and the prevalence of risk of error.
13. Facilitates changes needed to meet the Joint Commission International (JCI) other standards of international accreditation organization.
14. Maintains collaborative and effective relationships with other healthcare providers and keeps abreast of significant medication safety trends, and regulatory guidelines, which may influence assigned functions/services and/or the Hospital.
16. Follows all related General Organization’s policies and procedures.
Doctor or Master’s degree of Clinical Pharmacy from an accredited college of Pharmacy; or Pharm.D. Degree from accredited school in USA is required.
General Pharmacy Practice Residency and one-year specialty residency accredited by ASHP, eight (8) years of clinical experience in a hospital setting after completion of the last education program is required for candidates without residency training. For those with General Pharmacy Practice Residency only, six (6) years clinical experience is required.