الإثنين, 14 مارس 2022, 11 شعبان 1443
السبت, 02 يوليو 2022, 3 ذو الحجة 1443
ADMIN (Sec)-M/PATHOLOGY AND LABORATORY MEDICINE (Dpt)-M
Responsible for the administration and coordination of all activities within the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervises and resolves technical and administrative issues associated with the professional technical staff and ancillary employees of the Department.
- Oversees sections’ activities and coordinates with related entities to achieve Laboratory goals in line with the Hospital’s goals and mission.
- Directs Laboratory operations in accordance with the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals, College of American Pathologist, and American Association of Blood Banks standards.
- Assists the Chairman in preparation of annual and supplemental budget for the Department, and with annual equipment planning, budgeting and procurement.
- Oversees Laboratory capital equipment budget, reviews and recommends equipment purchases for Laboratory.
- Directs supply activities related to receiving, rejecting, verifying, updating items used by all sections; checks the adequacy of Laboratory supplies and purchasing.
- Liaises with all recruiting agencies for staffing needs of the Department. Ensures that there is trained backup for all positions. Maintains liaison with other departments as required.
- Prepares performance evaluations on all technical support staff within the Department.
- Arranges Departmental orientation for new hired employees and introducing to Laboratory staff, completes Departmental paperwork. Liaises with other departments for required training, as necessary.
- Ensures Laboratory safety and high quality of training of lab technologists and maintains appropriate continuing medical education program for all employees.
- Participates and contributes to quality improvement activities.
- Establishes and maintains compliance with departmental policies related to safety, infection and environmental control.
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and others’ education, training and development, as applicable.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
PhD, Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or other related discipline is required.
Seven (7) years of experience in Laboratory Medicine with PhD, ten (10) years with Master’s, including three (3) years at a managerial/ supervisory position or twelve (12) years with Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Certificate as an MT (ASCP) through the American Society of Clinical Pathologists or equivalent body required for Non-Saudis.