ASSISTANT CONSULTANT, CRITICAL CARE
Monday, 12 July 2021, 2 Dhu Al Hijja 1442
Tuesday, 12 July 2022, 13 Dhu Al Hijja 1443
Consultants Section - Critical Care Med Department
Assists in providing medical care in the field of speciality and supervises interns and residents, in accordance with current medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and the hospital's policies and procedures.
1. Assists the Consultants in providing required patient care and management in the field of Cardiac Critical Care, in accordance with standards of medical care laid down by KFSH&RC.
2. Compies with all hospital standards and policies pertaining to acceptance, eligibility, admission processes , consultation , daily patient care and patient discharge.
3. Registers detailed medical history, conducts a thorough physical examination and creates a plan for patient management and follow-up for discussion with the consultant. Subsequently, records the consultant's orders, progress notes and other required documents for inpatients and outpatients. Ensures appropriate patient preparation for procedures. Assists the Consultant in performing procedures or performs the procedures independently, as indicated in the signed clinical privilege form.
4. Provides on-call coverage for their specialty on a rotational basis during evenings, nights, weekends and public holidays.
5. Prepares for and participates in consultant and specialist ward rounds as per policy. Documents findings in medical records.
6. Follows-up on investigation results for inpatients and assists the Consultant in modifying treatment accordingly.
7. Attends assigned shift as per department schedule.
8. Implements Clinical Pathways/ Guidelines for the department.
9. Performs any other clinical responsibilities,as assigned
1. Provides orientation, bedside training and supervision to interns, residents and fellows as assigned.
2. Keeps abreast of all the latest techniques and developments , especially in field of Cardiac Critical Care. Implements them on a selective basis to improve technical standards.
Refer to the approved Credentialing guidelines
Two (2) years of training in specialty or subspecialty plus post-training experience is required.