Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of medical diseases and conditions, as well as the provision of medical care in the area of specialization, in accordance with current medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and the hospital's policies and procedures.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides required patient care and management in the area of Family Medicine in accordance with standards of medical care laid down by KFSH&RC.
- Assumes responsibility for patients under his care. liaises with various support service departments and medical specializations to provide appropriate and timely medical care, in accordance with the policies and procedures of KFSH&RC
- Complies with all hospital standards and policies pertaining to acceptance, eligibility, admission processes, consultation, daily patient care, outpatient practices, and patient discharge.
- Assesses patients' diseases or conditions to determine appropriate therapeutic modalities procedures. Initiates investigations and ensures findings are recorded.
- Ensures appropriate patient preparation for procedures/ surgery and performs procedures/ surgery as indicated in the signed clinical privilege form.
- Follows up on investigation results for outpatients and modifies treatment accordingly.
- Performs any other clinical responsibilities related to Family Medicine, as assigned.
- Directs and advices junior staff on patient management, especially in the area of specialization.
- Guides and actively participates in the training and teaching of Residents, Fellows, Assistant Consultants and junior staff.
Graduation from an accredited medical school, completion of required period of training in specialty and/or subspecialty, with Arab or American Board certification, membership and/or fellowship status in the United Kingdom and/or Canada or their equivalent.
Seven (7) Years of training in specialty or subspecialty plus postgraduate training experience must be equal to or exceed seven (7) years’ experience in the subspecialty.