Clinical nutrition internship at King Faisal Specialist Hospital and research center-Jeddah provide the opportunity to apply the theoretical knowledge and apply clinical practice in different areas. The training rotations include general pediatric, internal medicine, surgery, OB-Gyn, oncology pediatric and adults. In addition, kidney transplant unit. The interns will be able to apply clinical judgment and analysis based on individualized case. Upon completion of the training, the intern will be able to prescribe nutritional therapy based on a comprehensive assessment.
- Improve knowledge, skills and attitude in the practice of clinical nutrition.
- Conduct full nutritional assessment for patients of various medical conditions.
- Effectively provide dietary interventions and dietary education for those patients.
- Work cooperatively with other members of the health care team to provide high quality health care.
- Promote professional development by helping students develop their decision-making, problem-solving, communication, and leadership skills.
- Practice professional Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
Six (6) months to One (1) year
- Internship request letter from Intern’s sponsor
- Saudi national or born to Saudi mother only
- GPA 3.5 out of 5 or 2.8 out 4 or above
- Pass a written quiz by Nutrition Department with 60% and above
- Pass the interview
- Medical coverage as per hospital policy
- Certificate of completion
Things to know before applying:
- Submitting your application does not mean acceptance to the internship
- Applying to the internship must be at least (2) two months prior to the starting date
- Training seats are limited and based on availability
- Verifying the accuracy of documents and information submitted is your responsibility
- Please note that inaccurate information or missing documents will lead to your application being rejected
- For more details on how to apply please, Click here