The Physical Therapy Internship Program is designed for Physical Therapist from Saudi Universities (College of Applied Medical Sciences, Department of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences). During the six (6) training months, the Physical Therapy Internship Student (PT intern) will be assigned to seven (7) specialty rotations.
- Evaluate patients referred by a physician to determine their level of function and establish treatment goals.
- Administer all appropriate types of Physical Therapy/ Occupational Therapy procedures to patients.
- Observe unusual reaction, maintain treatment and progress records make oral and documented reports of activities and keep preceptors informed of pertinent information.
- Communicate effectively with the PT staff and hospital personnel in management of Patient's Physical Therapy program.
- Educate and demonstrate PT exercises to patients, members of patient’s families and other medical personnel.
- Attend departmental scientific mini workshops
- Demonstrate a high level of infection control principles.
- Present one lecture or a case study at the end of the internship period.
Three (3) to Six (6) months
- Internship request letter from Intern’s sponsor
- Saudi national or born to Saudi mother only
- GPA 3.75 out of 5 or 3 out 4 or above
- Pass KFSH&RC English Placement Test (i.e. achieve level 6 and above)
- Pass a specialty Exam
- Pass the interview
- Medical coverage as per hospital policy
- Certificate of completion
Things to know before applying:
- Submitting your application does not mean acceptance to the internship
- Applying to the internship must be at least (2) two months prior to the starting date
- Training seats are limited and based on availability
- Verifying the accuracy of documents and information submitted is your responsibility
- Please note that inaccurate information or missing documents will lead to your application being rejected
- For more details on how to apply please, Click here