The purpose of this rotation is to understand the Basic Molecular Genomics Medicine, which is the use of genomic information and technologies to determine disease risk and predisposition, diagnosis and prognosis, and the selection and prioritization of therapeutic options.
- Illustrate the basics of genetics in Health and Diseases.
- Demonstrate knowledge about the Nucleic Acids: DNA vs. RNA; and the basics of DNA extraction and purification.
- Understand the PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction).
- Recognize the basics in DNA Sequencing and Detection of DNA Variants.
- Internship request letter from Intern’s sponsor
- Saudi national or borne from Saudi mother only
- GPA 3.5 out of 5 or 2.8 out of 4 and above.
- Bachelor (Graduates from relevant scientific branches, such as biochemistry, applied medical school, microbiology, biology, molecular biology, genetics, molecular genetics, Pharmacy Medicine, etc.)
- Valid English Qualification IELTS. (Minimum score is 4.5 overall or equivalent).
- Interview with the chairman or hosting unit head.
- Medical coverage as per hospital policy
- Certificate of completion
Things to know before applying:
- Submitting your application does not mean acceptance to the internship
- Applying to the internship must be at least (2) two months prior to the starting date
- Training seats are limited and based on availability
- Verifying the accuracy of documents and information submitted is your responsibility
- Please note that inaccurate information or missing documents will lead to your application being rejected
- For more details on how to apply please, Click here