Our focus is in line with the overall organizational goals of achieving cutting edge research in the fields of Genetics, Oncology and personalized medicine in addition to strengthening clinical research.
Our mission is to be a Centre of excellence in biomedical research. We are dedicated to the advancement of science, and the translation of research findings into better health care. We strive to provide an environment that enhances individual growth, collaboration, achievement and recognition.
We are committed to the enhancement of knowledge of disease by pursuing advanced research activities in five areas: cancer, genetics, environmental health, cardiovascular and infectious diseases, using a multidisciplinary approach.
The Centre's direct affiliation with the King Faisal Specialist Hospital provides perfect opportunity for scientists to collaborate with clinicians to identify research priorities and to translate laboratory findings into improved patient care.
We are dedicated to the enhancement of intellectual growth and professional development through a program of scientific activities as well as involvement in graduate and postgraduate education. We strive to provide competitive and stimulating environment that nurtures ambition, productivity, and teamwork.
- Arrival of the lab equipment and of the consumables, reagents and kits.
- Installation of arrived equipment and devices.
- Test run of installed equipment and devices.
- Planned technicians training are continuing.
- Began participating in the Genetic Research Centre at KFSH&RC/Riyadh entitled: (Epigenetic Regulation by Nuclear CaMKII in the Heart) RAC: 2100024 / IRB: 2015-50.
- Completion of laboratory to participate in the national project entitled (Saudi Human Genome Project), supported by the King Abdul Aziz City for Science and Technology in the research center. Operation has not started due to lack of DNA analyzer.
Clinical Research Section:
- Scientific workshop by May 2015 to hospital employees entitled (Introduction to Research Methodology and Applied Biostatistics Course).
- Published more than 37 research from 2015 in peer reviewed scientific journals (local & international).
- The IRB has reviewed 59 research proposals, including clinical in-house and industry studies, as well as retrospective chart reviews, from the different medical departments in our hospital in 2015.
- Our Clinical Research Coordinators have provided support to 20 clinical research and epidemiological studies in 2015.
- Accomplishment and training in (Meta-Analysis) program for Clinical Research Coordinators.
Accreditation or Awards
- Institutional Review Board registration with King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KACST) H-02-J-009 dated 17 Jumada I 1433 H
- A Certificate awarded to Clinical Coordinator in recognition and appreciation for supporting Clinical Research In the Oncology Department.