The Department of Mental Health (DMH) provides psychiatric and mental health support to admitted patients and referral patients from other hospitals, including transplant conditions. Our team comprises of psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, counselors, educators, and therapists. We provide treatment and evaluation for general psychiatry, psychiatry mood disorder, and psychiatric obsessive compulsive disorder to children, adolescents, and adults, and also offer postgraduate education and training to physicians and other healthcare providers. The primary objective of the department is to improve the emotional and psychological condition of our patients.
The Department of Mental Health provides psychiatric and mental health support for patients of King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center who are under the care of other clinical services in the hospital.
Being a tertiary Care Center, the Department of Mental Health (DMH) accepts referrals from primary and secondary hospitals bases on eligibility criteria and available resources.
Our services cover mainly transplant conditions, including Liver Transplant, Renal Transplant, Lung and Heart Transplant, as well as Oncology services. The clinical service provided will be complemented by a commitment to destigmatizing mental illnesses, educating and teaching healthcare providers, as well as engaging inand maintaining the highest international standards.
1. To provide timely diagnosis and therapeutic intervention for patients of King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center--i.e. tertiary care patients or otherwise eligible patients.
2. To make Psychiatric services accessible to the hospital clinical population.
3. To increase acceptability of Psychiatric services through education and de-stigmatization of mental illness.
4. To provide post-graduate education for physicians undergoing residency training in mental health and teaching undergraduate medical students at Al Faisal University.
5. To conduct clinical research with emphasis on mental health on patients in tertiary care setting.
1. Provide outpatient services (screening, diagnosing and treating) for patients referred form outside of the hospital and within the hospital.
2. Provide consultation and emergency psychiatric services to the hospital.
3. Provide Educational Training for students and residents.
1. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
2. Adult Psychiatry
3. Clinical Neuropsychology
4. Clinical Psychology